szicree

Well Known Member
This really isn't an RV question, but I've got a couple of Seadoos that have been sitting outdoors under covers for several years and now have some pretty bad dark discoloring of the yellow vinyl seats. I believe the stains are from mildew and they appear to be in rather than on the vinyl. Anybody got any secret method for making this stuff look good again?? Thanks.

Man, I want to know this answer too! i have tried just about every cleaning product that Boat US and West Marine sells! I have tried Amway and other products that people swore would clean them up! I've done everything short of hiring an Exorcist - and still, no luck....nothing has touched the creeping crud...

(They might look ratty, but at least they still go fast...)

Paul

I have the same problem with my boat seats.

SOME of it can come off with Westley's Bleche White tire cleaner. The rest of it is there forever as far as I can tell.

Have you tried the Westley's?

:rolleyes: CJ

Low Pass said:
Bleach. Protect everything but the vinyl. Wash with lots of water.
Sorry Bryan - tried that long ago....I actually soaked a part that was crudded up in a pail of bleach....the crud just laughs at the bleach, making the bleach feel bad. We're talking Galveston Bay Industrial Crud here!

Paul

Ironflight said:
Sorry Bryan - tried that long ago....I actually soaked a part that was crudded up in a pail of bleach....the crud just laughs at the bleach, making the bleach feel bad. We're talking Galveston Bay Industrial Crud here!

Paul
Bleach wont take it off the vinyl? Wow. How about methylene chloride (paint remover)? After that, maybe ethylene dichloride or perchlorethylene (dry cleaning fluid). All good vinyl solvents. Ought to be able to get ahold of the paint stripper at Johnsons Automotive on College (near Hobby Apt). Not sure where you'd get the perc or EDC. Try asking at the dry cleaner for a pint or two!