JerryG150

Well Known Member
I'm having a bit of a problem (so what else is new?) with the map box door. I got the map box door and the panel powdercoated and drilled the holes in the door, door hinge, and a single hole in the hinge that goes on the bottom inside of the map box ... so far. when I use the single hole with cleco in it and temporarily mount door it hangs up at 80 degrees or so and not the full 90 degrees open position. I've made spacers from scrap aluminum and no matter where I put the spacers it still hangs up at 80 degrees. If I shift the bottom hinge toward the passenger there is a space between the door and panel at base. Hope I'm making myself clear.

The door looks best if flush with panel but then it doesn't open 90 degrees. :( Should I mount it so the door doesn't open full 90 degrees? Or push bottom hinge toward passenger, have a gap and open 90 degrees? Or ... ??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I set it up flush. Looked the best when the mapbox door was closed. Jerry, it's going to be closed the majority of the time. My door opens the same as yours, does not quite open to 90 degrees. Good Luck..