If you count them, maybe we can find out how many they expect us to have to drill out :).

They're just the right amount. You obviously haven't dropped the rivet box yet.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

SShhhhh.....Don't complain when Van gives you something (anything!) for free! ;)

We just finished installing some new wheel pants - the design calls for (8) #8 nutplates, and that was what was in the kit. Granted, they did give us 20 rivets to install them (that's four extra!)......:)

Rivets are very cheap. Shipping shortages is NOT!
Believe me, Van saves money in the long run by giving you too many.

I believe the rivets are packaged by weight. I know that's how they're bought. It makes more sense for Van's just to come up with an approximate weight amount, with some extra thrown in, than to count each and every rivet in a kit. By the time you get to the end, yes, all that extra has built up.

I know that I still have a bunch of AN426AD3-3.5 rivets, which makes sense since they're the most used on the kit.

Left over rivets. You must not of filled all the rivet holes. Better recheck your plane to see where they go before your first flight.

Left over rivets. You must not of filled all the rivet holes. Better recheck your plane to see where they go before your first flight.

Yep, my thought exactly. Put your plane in the hangar, stuff a trouble light in the tail and turn off the lights, and look for the hole. ;)