PeteP

Well Known Member
How did you route the manual trim cable past the F983C fuel valve cover in a non fuel injected set up. I can't find anything in the plans that shows that part of the routing.:confused:

Pete
RV9A 1072

Last edited:
Tough

It was a bit of a bear, no question. The cable does not provide a lot of extra plan. We ended up drilling a hole in the fuel boost pump cover and then bent the cable pretty tight down and under the tunnel cover. A nice rubber grommet gives it some protection. Will post a pic if I can find one in my files.

How did you route the manual trim cable past the F983C fuel valve cover in a non fuel injected set up. I can't find anything in the plans that shows that part of the routing.:confused:

Pete
RV9A 1072
Somewhere the plans show you drilling a hole in that valve cover and using a bushing just like you do through all the bulkheads farther aft. Not a big deal. I then cut a notch up to the hole in the cover so that I could completely pull the cover off whenever needed, even if the trim cable is permanently installed.

Another option ...

...depending on your configuration, is to order a different cable from Vans .... they have one that is 10" longer than the 9/9A cable. IIRC, it's for an RV-8. The additional 10" makes the fwd end routing much less of a puzzle.