nippaero

Well Known Member
Has anyone ever inquired to Vans about the availability of a manual in electronic format? PDF or otherwise? It would be great having access to it on my computer when traveling.

Has anyone ever inquired to Vans about the availability of a manual in electronic format? PDF or otherwise? It would be great having access to it on my computer when traveling.

I'd like to know this too... the shop fans have had their way with the pages in my manual. I think most of them have torn ring binder holes. :(

A friend of mine used some kind of fancy high speed scanner to put the 7/7A plans into .PDF format. It's even searchable text. Super hi-res too.

Unfortunately I think it's illegal to distribute....

A friend of mine used some kind of fancy high speed scanner to put the 7/7A plans into .PDF format. It's even searchable text. Super hi-res too.

Unfortunately I think it's illegal to distribute....

Yea I had mine scanned too... they are semi-searchable... the OCR wouldn't pick up everything in them, but it works.

I'd have no problem sending my scanned plans around so long as the recipient was able to prove to me that they were in-fact a builder and had the physical plans already but just wanted a portable electronic copy for the occasional slow-at-work days. :)

Yalp, I understand that Van's may be leery of letting the plans/manual out electronically, but that genie is already out of the bottle.

If they sold them for $ as an add-on CD I'd be more than happy to buy them.

PM sent

Daniel,
I sent you a PM.

David

Yea I had mine scanned too... they are semi-searchable... the OCR wouldn't pick up everything in them, but it works.

I'd have no problem sending my scanned plans around so long as the recipient was able to prove to me that they were in-fact a builder and had the physical plans already but just wanted a portable electronic copy for the occasional slow-at-work days. :)

Yalp, I understand that Van's may be leery of letting the plans/manual out electronically, but that genie is already out of the bottle.

If they (Vans) sold them for $ as an add-on CD I'd be more than happy to buy them.

+1! It'd cost them to scan them, but after that, a few cents per CD (or even make them downloadable) would just be free revenue with no cost. In this day and age, where everything is going digital, its almost a must to offer something like that...