prkaye

Well Known Member
I misplaced my instructions for installing Vans' manual (spring) aileron trim. However it looked pretty obvious so I installed it the way it seemed to make sense.
One question though... is the white trim handle supposed to move back and forth as you deflect the control stick left and right? The springs pull the white handle around as I move the control stick...

I misplaced my instructions for installing Vans' manual (spring) aileron trim. However it looked pretty obvious so I installed it the way it seemed to make sense.
One question though... is the white trim handle supposed to move back and forth as you deflect the control stick left and right? The springs pull the white handle around as I move the control stick...

Not if it is like the manual trim on my -6. If the trim handle moves, you need to tighten up the UHMW block that holds the trim handle so there is enough drag to hold the handle still when you move the stick.

It sounds like...

...you need to tighten up on the friction bolt. The intent is that when you move the manual aileron trim lever, you "bias" the force on the stick.

As you move the trim lever, the stick should move. When you move the stick, the trim lever SHOULD NOT move.

Thanks guys! I just took it apart and widened the slot in the friction block so it could clamp tighter around the shaft of the handle. Seems to have done the trick.