Jeff A

Well Known Member
I've decided to install the electric aileron trim system rather than the manual system. However, I already purchased and started the install of the manual system. It is my understanding that the only other component I would need to change over is the servo. Can anybody confirm this? Which RAC servo do I need? Anybody willing to share the instructions / drawings for the electric system? Thanks.

Bumping....

Just thought I'd ask again. Can anybody share the OP drawing for the RV-8 Electric Aileron Trim System? Since I have the manual system already, I think all I need is the servo and drawing. Any help is appreciated.

EA-8 KIT

Not knowing what parts are common to the electric and manual aileron trim systems, I do know the electric version contains many small hardware items in Bag 877 including rivets, washers, screws and a drill template among its other items. The subkit also includes formed sheet metal parts to accomodate an electric servo system including the servo support bracket (shown) and the slide tube guide (not shown). To avoid unnecessary complication, I suggest you order EA-8 KIT ELECTRIC AILERON TRIM

As called out in my paperwork, here are the contents as listed:

Bag 877 AILERON TRIM
AT6-058X5/16X15 7/ ALUM TUBE C-610
F-8111 SUPPORT BRACKET
ES MSTS-8A MAC TRIM 1.2"
DOC DWG OP-1 EL AILERON TRIM DWG

3328hh3.jpg

Thanks Rick.

That helps a lot. I actually have all the hardware plus extra (minus the servo). Manual kit comes with the same brackets and hardware, but includes an extra bracket to attach the manual cable and a friction block to keep the aluminum tube from moving. Thanks again.

If anyone can share a copy of OP-1 I would appreciate it. Just wanted to know the dimensions of the slide tube and attachment method to the servo.

Thats what I did

All you really need is the servo. Just mount it to the manual trim bracket. Works fine.

What is the part number of the servo? Anybody have a picture of the attachment to the spring rod?

Thanks

Servo PN

Lance,

The servo is the Ray Allen T3-12A (T3 servo with 1.2 inch travel). You can find it from Vans, Aircraft Spruce, or Ray Allen directly.