bruceh

Well Known Member
Friend
The manual aileron trim instructions for RV-7/9 say to shorten the F-6124 trim bracket that fits between the center seat ribs to 3 13/16". It comes in the kit at 4" wide, and that seems to fit just fine between the seat ribs. Laying it on the F-939 forward seat floor in prep for match drilling it looks like if I trim it, it will be too short.

1054152593_AU8Fv-M.jpg

Are the plans wrong here?

Fit Between Ribs

The bracket needs to be trimmed on the edges to fit between the seat ribs, under the rib flange. I think if you left it the full 4" it would push the ribs apart and the screw holes would not line up.

Nevermind!

Just went back in there and sure enough the seat ribs are not in the correct alignment. I put a few clecos in them to get the ribs back in alignment, and now it looks like the dimensions are correct on the plans.

I'm just paranoid before I start cutting and drilling!

It is good to be paranoid! If something doesn't look right or seem right, it often isn't, and there are a number of times I wished I had stopped to think about something before rushing in. So, it is good that you are looking and thinking about what you are doing and asking questions before committing yourself.