Mark C.

Well Known Member
Looking for some help.. Using Dynon MAP Sensor, 0-60 Hg. for my IO360 installation. To tap off the engine for manifold pressure Lycoming said to use cylinder #3 from the small hex fitting, left side of cylinder. Question, what fittings did you use to attach to the cylinder and than to the black silicone 1/4" tubing that runs to the MAP Sensor?? I wil also require a T fitting and a 1/4" tube that runs to the P-Mag ignition.. Appreciate any input or pictures.. Thanks,

I used basically the same restricted fitting in that location as I did for the oil pressure. I believe its an 1/8"NPT on one side and a flare fitting for -3 on the other. You need to use a restricted fitting to keep the MP reading from fluctuating. Ran a braided line from there to a bulkhead fitting on the firewall. I mounted the transducer on one of the forward ribs hold the subpanel to the firewall. From the FW fitting I used rubber tubing of some variety to the transducer. Tee'd it there and back to a modified AN bulkhead fitting to accept barbed fittings. Forward of the firewall again hi temp rubber tubing to the P-Mags.

Hope that explains it. I'll try to dig some pictures out when I can.

Paul, excellent... I think you got it. I just ordered the parts from Vans.... They already have a kit made up, but I bought it as parts because they do not use a restricked 1/8 fitting in the kit... Did you just use a plastic T off the 1/4" high temp tubing to make the run to the P-Mag?? Thanks.

I have a GRT setup, but ...

.... there's virtually no difference. A braided 4D vacuum line from the engine to the firewall, and then a plastic T aft of the FW for the branch to my Lightspeed box.

Terry, thanks... Vans had the parts.. They even through in the plastic T's no charge.. Keep me updated on your flying time, raining here today..
THX., Mark C.

I'll stay in touch ...

.... we're hugely busy hosting the Trimotor this week ... and having an absolute blast doing it. Helping moms and dads and kids and grandparents ride in the piece of aeronautical history, and clamber out with a big smile on their face, is just TOO much fun. :D

Bill, nice pictures!! I like how you used the r-angle alum. to mount the MAP Sensor... Thanks, working on that part of the project today... Mark C.