Steve

Well Known Member
I've been using a copper tube running between #2 cylinder and the firewall mounted G3X transducer on my 9A. Is there an alternative to the copper tube? My tube broke at the compression fitting just aft of the cylinder twice over the last 16 years.
Steve

I've been using a copper tube running between #2 cylinder and the firewall mounted G3X transducer on my 9A. Is there an alternative to the copper tube? My tube broke at the compression fitting just aft of the cylinder twice over the last 16 years.
Steve
Copper tubing work hardens over time, and with vibration will eventually fail. Hose works well

Tom isn't going to pimp his own company in a post (above) so I'll do it :)

TS Flightlines made me a braided hose. They will do whatever length and with whatever fittings you need for this. I want to say I went with a -3 but I don't remember for sure without lookin it up. Anyway, you can see it in this picture coming off #3 and going to the transducer on the engine mount. Works great.

Attachments

• IMG_8613.jpeg
    IMG_8613.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19

TS Flightlines made me a braided hose. They will do whatever length and with whatever fittings you need for this. I want to say I went with a -3 but I don't remember for sure without lookin it up. Anyway, you can see it in this picture coming off #3 and going to the transducer on the engine mount. Works great.
I did the same, and bought Tom's slick restrictor fitting as well. My hose runs across the firewall to the Van's sensor mounting manifold, but if I was doing it again I'd probably use a shorter hose with a remote-mount sensor like yours, on the starboard side of the engine mount.

I did the same, and bought Tom's slick restrictor fitting as well. My hose runs across the firewall to the Van's sensor mounting manifold, but if I was doing it again I'd probably use a shorter hose with a remote-mount sensor like yours, on the starboard side of the engine mount.
Yeah, not using that sensor manifold was one of my best decisions. It saved having 3 more lines running every which way across the already crowded space back there. It's much more efficient and opens up some space to have shorter hose runs and locate the transducers closer to what they're measuring.

I'm interested in those sensor standoffs you have on the engine mounts, did you make those or purchase them?

Thanks