tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me if the attached VA-128 restrictor fitting installed on the #3 cylinder (used for manifold pressure) will interfere with the baffles? The instructions state to use a straight fitting, but I was planning to use this instead.

dsc01336gm0.jpg

Have others not used a restrictor fitting for MAP? For fuel and oil you obviously have to, but I wonder if it is really necessary on MAP. I've been told the engine would run a lot rougher if a normal fitting was used instead of a restrictor (and the hose or something came off). Maybe I should install a staight aluminum fitting instead (AN816)?

Thanks,
Scott
7A Finishing

I used a straight restrictor (from Wicks, I think.) There was some discussion a while back of some MAP instruments not reading correctly if a restrictor is not used.

The straight restrictor just barely clears the baffles. It would seem to me that the angled fitting is no different, but I can't say for sure.

Scott 2 reasons for using the restrictor is to get a smoother signal at the sensor and if this hose cracks or breaks, you wont get bad lean condition on #3 and would most likely not even notice any change in the engines smoothness. Just makes good sense to use one due to the benefits. You can use a 45 there it just needs to point downward somewhat.

-Jeff