Jim P

Well Known Member
Another thread touched on this topic so I thought I'd spawn off this fun thread.

Since we builders spend so much time in our Man Cave (or Girl Cave depending on how you look at it), drilling, riveting, cutting, pounding, sanding, cussing, scratching, and general pondering of the universe, I thought I'd see what attributes others have in their own caves.

As a starter, here's an older picture of my own. Note some of the finer things in life relegated (i.e. wife won't let them be displayed in the bedroom) to the "Cave":

1) Patches collected from fly-ins and military service.
2) Hats. Lots of hats (you need a place for all those hats collected at Oshkosh). Yes, you can have more than one AOPA hat!
3) The original Shell "Cow Poster". Still way too funny.
4) Vans drawings on the wall.
5) Pin board for misc. stuff.
6) Lots of storage to collect that necessry stuff you can't dare to part with, but have no real use for anyway.

I seem to remember a Buffet song about growing older but not up!

P9300149.JPG

NO;
NO WAY.
That's getting way too personal.
Me, I'm too messy. My plane looks just fine, and I'm happy with the way it is turning out, but my building "cave", well, that's just one step TOO FAR!:eek:

1) Patches collected from fly-ins and military service.

P9300149.JPG

Name the patch:

starting on the left side of the photo counting:

6 Air Training Command
8 82nd FTW
10 96 FTS Good Grief flight

Here's mine. Just moved in 4 weeks ago. Includes satellite HD TV, iPod system, heat, and a great fishing lake about 50 yards away.

NewHouse080.jpg
NewHouse078.jpg

Man Cave

Doug had a good idea to post this pic in "Man Caves" too so here it is.

I had no intention on ever building an airplane when I had this shop built but it couldn't be much better. It's 36' X 32' X 10', insulated, heated, and about 30ft from my house.

If it only had a folding door and was on an airpark I'd be set.:rolleyes:

wingson2.jpg