Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Did a search but, couldn't really find anything...

I have regular ol' Slick mags, came with the engine...and came with some hugenormously long ignition wires for some of the plugs.

If and when I ever decide to shorten them (not now...gotta get in the air first), does anyone have a link to any instructions/videos/tips on how to do that?

I know it's different for automotive-style wires than these, but that's about all I know. Any help (way) in advance is much appreciated.

Steve

Shortening Harness

Steve,
When i put the P-mag on the right side I wanted it to fire all the top plugs, which left the left impulse mag wires too short to reach all the bottom plugs. I went through the same thing you are with changing the length of the wires. After quite a bit of research I came to the conclusion that I could order a new cap/harness for the slick easier than I could find/buy the parts to shorten the existing harness. I called ACS and gave them the lengths and ordered a "special" harness. A couple days later a company, in CA I believe, called me to confirm the lengths. About a week later I had it in my hands. I "think" it was around $80. It seemed like a good deal to me and worked perfectly out of the box.

harness

One of the harnesses offered by ACS is manufactured by their shop in Lake Havasu City, AZ

Hello Steveā€¦

My Factory O-360 Slick Harness looked strange at first, the Lycoming Manual Figures showing various harness configurations did not seem to apply, some ignition wires were way long and some seemed short (following their sketches). Might be the same issue there?

Turns out the plug connector on the end of each ignition wire is embossed with the intended cylinder, B1 = Cylinder #1 Bottom Plug etc. Perfect fit now.

pk