Vic LaRocca

It is time to make the 2 Rear Spar spacers F806E shown on the upper right hand side of drawing 65. The instructions say to make them from AB4-250. There is no AB4-250 (1/4" Aluminum bar) listed in the packing list. Does any one know if there was a part number change? My Packing list is dated 1/11/07.
Thanks, -Vic

Left out of mine

This was left out of my kit, not even mentioned on the inventory sheet. I called Van's and they sent me a piece no problem. Before you call them, go ahead and count your AN3-size castle nuts, then look at the drawing for your rudder pedals and cable linkages. Seems like you need 10-12, I can't recall. Only three were in my kit, and only three were on the inventory sheet.

For the spacer, it's just a spacer, so anything equating that thickness will work. I believe I had some stock lying around that was half as thick, so I cut it and double-flush riveted two pieces together after alodine and prime. No problem. (I was impatient)

Same problem

The AB4-250 was not included in our kit either. I e-mailed Van's and they shipped me a piece.

Also check the F-814HPPX fwd seat belt anchors. I only received two, but three are required.

It took a while, but I found my AB4-250. It was actually in a parts bag...not very big at all (can't remember which bag #). Just something to think about before anyone else has this problem.

Joe