erikpmort

Well Known Member
So if I want to put my vizion in the same place as my navid wingleveler- I have to go to a smaller hole. Does anyone have a good suggestion how to do this without putting an ugly square plate over the hole and re drilling for the smaller size ? Maybe that's all there is and I should just go get it done

Maybe you could put the plate in back of the panel, and paint the void to match the new instrument's bezel. Not perfect, but it would make it less noticeable.

Had the same issue and made the "ugly"

square plate adapter ---- after seeing the ACS solution (thanks, poster!) -- I just ordered one ----- pricier than my solution, but should look a lot nicer.

Ron

Surprise! ACF Mask does not fit Vizion 385.

Just doing the install on my Vizion 385 --- I ordered the 3.125 to 2.25 mask (quality item) from ACS --- The 385 is made for a 2.25 cutout, BUT, the corners of the instrument actually go beyond the 3.125 dimension. So, the rivnuts for the 3.125 mounting interfere with getting the 385 into the 2.25 cutout. There is a way to make it work which I will share in a PM, if you would like.

Finished the servo mounting and made the wiring harness, and did the pitot/static mods ----- powered up today --- no smoke and everything seemed to work --- will do setup and checkout tomorrow.

Ron

Last edited:
Just doing the install on my Vizion 385 --- I ordered the 3.125 to 2.25 mask (quality item) from ACS --- The 385 is made for a 2.25 cutout, BUT, the corners of the instrument actually go beyond the 3.125 dimension. So, the rivnuts for the 3.125 mounting interfere with getting the 385 into the 2.25 cutout. There is a way to make it work which I will share in a PM, if you would like.

Finished the servo mounting and made the wiring harness, and did the pitot/static mods ----- powered up today --- no smoke and everything seemed to work --- will do setup and checkout tomorrow.

Ron

How did you run your pitot and static lines to the controller? I have to do this soon myself and I remember that they recommend splitting the lines near the source, and not the controller (which would obviously be the easier method).

I T'D off of

the pitot and static lines before they went to the other instruments and the D10A in the back of my panel. I used 1/4" ID flex tubing and screwed " tubing to 1/8" pipe fittings" I placed in the controller ---- neat and relatively easy ----- (I cut access panels into the forward fuselage so I do not have to get under the panel).

I am in the process of tiding up everything but I did turn on the power today and, other than the reverse roll command (to be expected), everything looked pretty good. I will take care of the roll issue tomorrow and start putting in the RV-6A servo settings.

Hope to fly by Wed/Thur.

Ron

You're right it doesn't fit so I turned one eye and dremeld the plastic corners in the ap face so it would flush up. You won't see it anyway behind the bracket. Pm me with your cell phone and I'll send you a pic if you want. The spruce part saved me a ton of time :)