mfshook62

Well Known Member
Here is one easy and inexpensive way to make panel labels. You can experiment with the colors, fonts, and sizes until you get what you like.

How to make a sheet of labels:

1. Create your labels using MS Word or any other good text editor using your choice of text color, background color, and font.
2. Convert the document to a .jpg image. There are lots of free converters on Google. Make sure you select a good converter, some give you a much sharper image than others. I used UDC. Its free and it adds a watermark that can easily be cropped out.
3. Use your printer and good paper, or take or email the jpg image to Costco, Walmart, Kodak, etc, and print a photo.
4. Cut out the labels and attach to the panel with a good adhesive.
5. Or you can save and copy the image below and print to any size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbzuge732wj2qze/PANELLABELSUDC2.jpg?dl=0

Have fun,

Last edited:
My labels were engraved into plastic Name Plate material. I simply created a pdf file to final size, and had a Trophy/Name Plate/Badge shop engrave them and apply a sticky back. They used a very thin material, only .020 and the results look great.

Before that, I had tried Decal Pro and a DYMO label maker. I didn't like the results of either of those.

IMG_5627.jpg

Last edited:
Will the two-sided tape "melt" & release in a closed up plane parked on the ramp?
Fox Smith
RV7 - EM
Fuse & wings received
Brownsville, TN

labels

My labels were engraved into plastic Name Plate material. I simply created a pdf file to final size, and had a Trophy/Name Plate/Badge shop engrave them and apply a sticky back. They used a very thin material, only .020 and the results look great.

I too have some labels to do or re-do. Yours look great.
Just wanted to clarify, a lot of trophy places now have a small laser that burns the image into special laminates.
Yours look like the text is way to small for the typical spinning little router bit engraver of old. Nice in any case.

Last edited: