hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
This is a new thread so that the new caption would show. The old thread has this content, too.

The article itself has been re-written with about half the content new, or enhanced.

With respect to the XLS, it's new from the ground up and very user friendly now, even giving CAS from TAS at a known Density Altitude and providing Density Altitude from pressure altitude and OAT.

The Model can now measure prop efficiency in the real world - something I have not seen before. It can also show how things change with weight. It can be used to predict fuel consumption at a given TAS & altitude. Last and not least it shows how the average guy can approximate the CAFE Zero Thrust method of testing quite closely without the special device.

The URL is unchanged: http://home.cogeco.ca/~n17hh/ArticleForEAA.html

ModelPicture.jpg

Significant Upgrade, again

The article and matching spreadsheet have been upgraded with an additional method of determining your airplane's Thrust HorsePower.

The previous methods required a fuel flow measurement. The new addition uses only normal instruments plus a handheld GPS. Results of the new method compare very well to the ones that use fuel flow.

If you need to tell a prop maker your requirements now you can be accurate even if you don't have a fuel flow device.

The hardest part of using this and the other methods is just flying the specified modes smoothly and accurately. The spreadsheet does all the math.

As before, I would appreciate your feedback either on the theory, the math, or especially, the results you got when you tried it.

The link remains the same.

Thanks.

H. Thanks for using a font that I can read.....

The article and matching spreadsheet have been upgraded with an additional method of determining your airplane's Thrust HorsePower.

The previous methods required a fuel flow measurement. The new addition uses only normal instruments plus a handheld GPS. Results of the new method compare very well to the ones that use fuel flow.

If you need to tell a prop maker your requirements now you can be accurate even if you don't have a fuel flow device.

The hardest part of using this and the other methods is just flying the specified modes smoothly and accurately. The spreadsheet does all the math.

As before, I would appreciate your feedback either on the theory, the math, or especially, the results you got when you tried it.

The link remains the same.

Thanks.

My older eyes need all the help they can get.;)

Kent

Brillian work! Nice job... I will try to report back how it worked for me (when I finally get flying)!

Regards,

Lee...

Font

Kent, thanks for the praise (wink). I never gave it a thought, but I'm already at tri-focals so I guess I just did it so I could read it.;) I hope you like the article, too.

H...... Your small again....

Kent, thanks for the praise (wink). I never gave it a thought, but I'm already at tri-focals so I guess I just did it so I could read it.;) I hope you like the article, too.

I read the artical and wish that I understand better how to do the test flights. I am thinking that if I print it out and take it to my local EAA flight advisor, that maybe he could explain it to me.

Kent