ppilotmike

Well Known Member
I wrote before about having difficulty getting my daughter interested in the build. It seems like my hard work has begun to payoff!
AmeliaInTheWorkshop

AmeliaInTheWorkshop

The key was to make sure my tools were 1) brightly colored, 2) soft and chewable and 3) smelled like milk! Way to go, Amelia, I'm proud of you, darling! Perhaps, by the time the plane is finished, you'll be potty-trained!

Love, Dad..

Last edited:
Thanks Mike..

Mike,

Thanks for posting my pics. How come I couldn't get them to come up in the posting? I made sure they were shared on Picasa.. Oh well, can't complain now that you were able to get them to show. Thanks.

P.S. I met your friend Rocky the other day. His dad apparently built the airpark you live on. (at least I think you're that Mike). Maybe one day, I'll get to meet you in person. Maybe at OSH this year.

Yep, you got the correct Mike.

Here is what comes up when I look at what you used to post the photo.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109414440645033591020/AmeliaInTheWorkshop#5723689631576279058

I just grabbed it and put it into the address line in a new tab, and it brought up the photo.

I then copied the address of the link, and here is what I got.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-c1YNWQ31p8Y/T26hZP6wyBI/AAAAAAAABTk/Upqo7TpMesM/s576/IMG_3617.JPG

I then pasted that info into the little magic window that opens up by clicking the insert photo icon, and I get this.

IMG_3617.JPG

I wish I knew enough about what is going on to explain it better, but when it comes to computer stuff, I am quite ignorant. I just find something that works, and keep repeating the same thing. Hopefully by including the above info, you may figure it out yourself from what I just did??

Last edited:
Extra Help

Mike,
Very cute pictures. It is probably a better idea to start her out with match drilling and deburring rather than riveting.
I was in Denver on Thursday and was going to bring my wife over and show her your plane, but we ran out of time. We are in Alabama babysitting our 8 yr old grandson. We are having a great time and heading to Destin tomorrow for 4-5 days on the beach. It is nice getting out of the cold and down to where I can actually breathe!

Next time we are in town, dinner on us! Keep building.

rockwood

Mike,

Thanks for help on the pics. I'll try what you suggested next time.

Rock,

Glad to hear things are going well. You and your wife are welcome anytime, as I love to show off my project. Now that the tailcone is coming together, I'm seeing a lot more interest from my neighborhood. Yesterday, I was working with the garage doors open, so we had lots of visitors, from the neighborhood kids (actual) to the other neighborhood kids (adults). Life is good!

14 weeks...

P.S. 14 weeks is Amelia's current age. Not bad. At 6 months, I'm planning to start training her to remove the blue plastic! ;)