M5fly

Well Known Member
Paging Mel for this one... I'm in the process getting my Op Lims updated so I can put it back into Phase 1 for aerobatic testing but I also have a new prop that should arrive in late May. Would switching from one FP to another FP prop be considered a major change requiring FSDO notification and 5 hours of Phase 1 testing? I'm going to do a new W&B after installation and since it's a composite Sensenich GA it'll likely take a handful of hours to test it and get it where I want it anyway, I'm just curious if I need to follow the major modification procedures for this?

Paging Mel for this one... I'm in the process getting my Op Lims updated so I can put it back into Phase 1 for aerobatic testing but I also have a new prop that should arrive in late May. Would switching from one FP to another FP prop be considered a major change requiring FSDO notification and 5 hours of Phase 1 testing? I'm going to do a new W&B after installation and since it's a composite Sensenich GA it'll likely take a handful of hours to test it and get it where I want it anyway, I'm just curious if I need to follow the major modification procedures for this?

F/P to F/P can be considered a major change if it is from a different mfg., different diameter/pitch, different material, substantial weight difference.

Basically if it significantly changes the W&B and/or the performance envelope of the aircraft.