avrojockey

Well Known Member
Patron
Yesterday had a flat in KMSN. Landing was normal and tire deflated during taxi. Small hole in tube...I can guarantee that it was low tire pressure as it hadn't been checked in a month, bad on my part.

Quick shoutout to Wisconsin Aviation in KMSN for being quick with a dolly and a corner in a heated hanger with a jack on Christmas Day...only took a couple hours to fix.

I was able to change the tube but there was some sidewall scuffing from the fairing and I want to change out the tire also. Any recommendations on tires from ACS as I have a bunch of other stuff to get from there.

Thanks!

+1 for Goodyear Flight Special

I’ve used both FS II and FS III and like both, but getting good tubes is just as important.

I choked on the price of the Michelin Airstop tubes the last time I did my tires. They were almost as much as the tires.:eek: But I bite the bullet and went with them anyway. The pain of the purchase price didn’t last too long.

So I was concerned with the sidewall scuffing but according to AC20-97B tire should be changed when the sidewall damage penetrates the outermost structural ply. This is not the condition in my situation, only light scuffing around 5 inches long on one side.

My concern would also be with damage after the airplane was moved with a flat tire. We only taxied 10-20 feet after we started noticing something weird. I looked over the tire before reinstalling and there's no visual evidence of structural damage.

Last edited:
Edwards Aircraft Service-KOVS

I fly a RV-4 and recently picked up a 6A, I’ve had great luck with the Condor tires and install several for customers, on just about any aircraft. I do several RV condition inspections every year! Stop in and visit sometime! We have my maintenance shop, great fuel prices, 3 courtesy cars and great local restaurants!

Tires and tube

The Michelin Airstop tubes are the best investment I've made in this plane. No loss of air, no problems in 8 years of use.
For the tires, I switched to Aeroclassic 380x150-5 tires (6-ply), Spruce part number 06-01249. You get an additional inch of width. Great durability, better on unimproved surfaces that 5x5s, simple matter of opening up the sides of the wheelpants opening.

Yesterday had a flat in KMSN. Landing was normal and tire deflated during taxi. Small hole in tube...I can guarantee that it was low tire pressure as it hadn't been checked in a month, bad on my part.

Quick shoutout to Wisconsin Aviation in KMSN for being quick with a dolly and a corner in a heated hanger with a jack on Christmas Day...only took a couple hours to fix.

I was able to change the tube but there was some sidewall scuffing from the fairing and I want to change out the tire also. Any recommendations on tires from ACS as I have a bunch of other stuff to get from there.

Thanks!
++ For Wisconsin Aviation. They are great at all their locations!