RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I think Van's in closed for the holiday so I thought I would post a question here. I want to attach a bracket to the forward side of the F804B/A flange. This is the anodized cap that runs up the aft wide of the spar and then across the top. It then is attached to the piece that runs up the forward side of the spar. There are already nut plates I have installed for the console support and the rear rudder pedals, so I don't think it would be a problem.

I want to attach tray and one hole for a double cushion clamp. This area under the front seat is perfect for a terminal block to tie the front and rear stick wires.

So I have a couple ideas, drill holes between the AN4 rivets at the forward edge for the nut plates I need or drill out AN4 rivets there and open the hole for the #8 screw.

Does this seem OK, the ED is fine for #8 holes in between the rivets

What I ended up doing

I waited till Van's opened to confirm my idea was OK. I drilled two #8 holes in the spar cap flange to hold a tray that will hold a terminal strip for tying the front and rear stick together, and the flap control board. I elevated the tray to clear the rivet heads on the spar cap by butting grommet in the bottom of the tray and using washers between the tray and the spar cap.

qp3vbl.jpg