mark manda

Well Known Member
My Dad and I watched as our plane blasted off into the skies today after the fog cleared. It's easy to get choked up! Four long years- 3000 hrs. on a QB.

I gave the first flight honors to my high time friend Bobby Baker for safety reasons. I couldn't find a chimp so I tossed my barking ,four legged, 33 lb. baby in also. (I planned on going up afterwards but didn't-- for safety reasons.)

I'm glad I did, he came down in only twelve mins. with more info-- I would have just come back down with a GRIN. He put on a good show testing the plane, banking and turning and Bobby even had time for a high speed pass ala Dan Checkoway!

Viva La RV! And thanks to all of YOU!

Last edited:
WOW, Congrats Mark!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to have another RV take to the skies in SoCAL :) Now to that flight test program! Fly safe, Rosie

Way to go Mark, I've been watching your progress through your website and I can tell you have a first class aircraft. :D

Congratulations Mark!

Good to have an other RV flying (even if the passenegr seat is in the wrong spot)...!!

Paul

Thanks everybody!

Vans came thru in a big surprising way for me. They sent me a part that I needed before the plane could fly again. Even though I called yesterday afternoon-- it arrived this morning. So I got my first flight in today, rather than sitting around polishing it.

My test pilot made a circuit and said, "It's fine, it's ready." He had to go fly for the city looking for bad guys and I climbed in and flew for 1.2 hrs!

Gosh, this plane jumps off the ground! She sure flies good, just like you said she would. Thank Bruce at Van's for me. I'll be busy for awhile, I'll be in the air. :cool: