Jeff Vaughan

Well Known Member
I have a Standard 12. I have had an issue with the Dynon Blue LEVEL button since new. Press the button and immediately the plane goes into 1000 fpm decent for about 10 seconds then correctly raises and nails original altitude. Dynon had me try a few things that did not help So I just deceived not to press the button. BTW all other aspects of the Autopilot work fine. Deceived to dig into this again and contacted Dynon.
support. They said this easy. The magnetometer is not level with the longerons. Hmmm. Can’t seem to find the instructions anywhere best way to change the angle. Assume add some more nuts on the plastic threaded screws that hold the magn on the mounting plate. Can anyone point me to the install directions . Thanks

Reactions: BES
Sounds like you have a Skyview system. A good place to start is to see if your ADAHRS unit is correctly installed per the plans -- see:

Trying to figure out if I may have installed the left bracket on the right side etc.

my brackets do not have any identification on them Can someone provide me with measurements

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 7
Sorry but I don't have the exact dimensions at the moment -- perhaps a current builder can provide these measurements. As I recall, the two ADAHRS mounting brackets (F-00009-L and F-00009-R) should be mounted with the larger vertical dimension positioned towards the front of the aircraft and the side flanges pointing outwards. See: Plans Drawings #10-11 and #42C-09). Also, be sure that the ADAHRS is installed in the proper vertical orientation (see Plans Drawing #42C-10) since some builders originally installed this unit in an incorrect inverted orientation.

Sorry but I don't have the exact dimensions at the moment -- perhaps a current builder can provide these measurements. As I recall, the two ADAHRS mounting brackets (F-00009-L and F-00009-R) should be mounted with the larger vertical dimension positioned towards the front of the aircraft and the side flanges pointing outwards. See: Plans Drawings #10-11 and #42C-09). Also, be sure that the ADAHRS is installed in the proper vertical orientation (see Plans Drawing #42C-10) since some builders originally installed this unit in an incorrect inverted orientation.
I believe you’re correct. Just remounted now it is level with the longerons

thank you