n38139

Well Known Member
I have a problem with my EFIS. I just installed it and the compass is:

1. 180 degrees off, east / west. OK north / south.
2. Turns the wrong way

I checked the wiring it only has 4 wires, tx and recieve, A+, Gnd.

It is oriented in the correct position.

I am going to remove it from its current mounting and see if there is some kind of interference. It is the only thing I can figure.

Maybe somebody else has an idea?

thanks

It just about has to be upside down - either the entire unit or the sensor inside the unit.

Can you post a quick picture of it mounted in the plane? Before doing any troubleshooting, I'd like to look at that.

Cheers,
Stein

Magnetometer

OK, I will say before anybody else has a chance, it is a Blue Mountain G4 and I know everybody dislikes them and I know I should not use but I am going to. It's in a 3 1/8 hole so I can always put a D10 or something else sooooooo....

It was given to me, it is brand new and except for this problem, it works great.

It is mounted correctly, it is not upside down, the x, y, z axis' are correct according to the instructions.

Not installed upside down? Darn. I was going to suggest always flying inverted as a solution to your problem. :D

Again....a quick pic of the installation would be helpful. It'd give us an idea of where/how it's mounted and what it is mounted around and near.

Cheers,
Stein