Ant CB

When I send my old slick mag in for core exchange, do they care what condition my old mag is in? It's pretty old and in bad shape (hence the new one I ordered).

Old Slicks

I know someone that is sending in some old slicks as cores from a little Continental. The information he received was that the old mags he wanted to send as cores would only be accepted thru the end of the year. Seems that something might be changing in the core program relative to the old slicks. You might want to get those folks on the phone and talk specific model numbers for your cores. You might need to do something before the end of the year.

I've found out that 4200 series slicks will not be exchanged after the end of the year.

I was talking to someone at Spruce and one person said the mag does not have to be serviceable but it must be complete. They just want them out of circulation. Someone else later told me they are inspected for condition.

Anyway, I'll send it in as see what happens.

Cheers,

I've found out that 4200 series slicks will not be exchanged after the end of the year.

I was talking to someone at Spruce and one person said the mag does not have to be serviceable but it must be complete. They just want them out of circulation. Someone else later told me they are inspected for condition.

Anyway, I'll send it in as see what happens.

Cheers,

Some of the US suppliers won't accept a 4200 mag core now...

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/slk-4333.html

Check first...:)