rvator9a

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of FWF, I need to figure out where and how to hook my Mag wires to the key switch. It looks like they should hook to the mags at the end of the radio filter, or is there a connection that I haven't located yet?Is there any specific parts that I need to make this connection? It is an O-290d2 with bendix s-20 series mags

If you have older style mags, with noise filters installed on the mags, you just use crimp type ring terminals on the p lead and attach to them.
If you have newer style -20 series mags the plead attaches directly to them with a ring terminal. No noise filters or fancy pleads necessary.
If you have old style mags with no noise filters you will need to get a p plead kit that lets you assemble the p plead end for attachment to the mag either directly to the mag or on the mag end of noise filters that you would also need to get. Or you could get noise filters with the p lead end pre assembled.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Hi Mahlon, once again thanks for helping out, the mags have noise filters that are attached with braided cables, I can't find any terminal on the mags themselves or anyplace that looks like an attatchment or connector. The end of the noise filter looks like it may have had some sort of spring clip type of connector, but it is not threaded. I'm baffled as to how to connect to them, I don't see anything that looks like a p-lead. The mag pn is 10-51360-11 and type is s4r(L)-20,21

I kinda remember a noise filter that had a cylindrical type spring connector, that did a twist and lock type thing. Haven't seen one in a long time.
If you want to send me a picture, of what you have, I will see what I can tell you.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Mahlon thats exactly what it looks like, it has two small tabs 180' apart on the end of the radio filter. I'm not set up for digital imaging, but I think you have the right idea. Any chance you can help find connections or should I look to change the radio filters to a more modern set up? Let me know if you want more details or call me 207 318 6035.