Lionclaw

Well Known Member
I just received a new Skytronics magneto harness for my d3000 magneto. Inside the cap, one of the white rubber pieces that fit into the magneto is sticking out of the cap about 1/2" and will not allow the cap to properly fit to the magneto.

I tried carefully pushing it back in and gently tugging at the wire from the outside, but it won't pull the rubber piece flush with the inside of the cap.

Is this a common problem, and is there a way to fix it?

I figured I'd check here before calling Skytronics tomorrow.

Not common, sounds like an improperly made assembly. I would contact the manufacturer or supplier for a replacement.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Thanks Mahlon. After fiddling with it some more it seems like they cut the wire sleeve too short. I can pull the inner wire/insulation out at the sparkplug end and get the rubber piece flush, but then the sparkplug end doesn't fit.

I'll call Skytronics when they open.

I got ahold of the folks at Skytronics today. Everyone I spoke with was VERY friendly. I left my number and received a call back from Craig. He explained that the wire sleeve acts like a chinese finger puzzle, and the wires sometimes seep out during shipping. He told me to hold the plug/wire nut at one end and run my hand down the wire towards the cap. I gave it a try and the problem wires all popped back right where they should be.

Thanks Craig!