mattsmith

Well Known Member
I am hopping one of you engine gurus can tell me what I have and if my mags are rite for my engine. I bought a 0 time SMO- IO 360 A1A that came with rebuilt mags but I cant find them in the Lycoming parts manual with the part number or model number. the first mag is a Bendix S4LN-200 part number 10-163045-2, number two is a Bendix S4LN-204 part number 163045-3. nether one has a impulse coupling so I am assuming I will need the shower of sparks, is this correct and if so were do you get one I cant find any thing on shower of sparks on the INTERNET. can the Slick Start be used with these mags? the mags come off the engine. Thanks for any help.

I think those are TCM shower of sparks mags. If so,Slick start will work as the vibrator or you can purchase the TCM vibrator from any TCM distributor.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Talked with Cliff at Aircraft Magneto Service for about twenty minutes and he got me straitened out. I have to check but the mags should work fine. Thanks for the help.

Just pulled a 200/204 combo off the 200HP -8 in favor of Pmags... No vibrator to be found, worked fine (well, for mags anyway ;) ).