macintron

The week of Airventure I will be in Madison for a business trip. I figured that since I'm all the way out there can take a few days off and head north to Oshkosh.

Does anyone know of a good way to get up there other than car rental. I was planning to rent a car and drive up but I can't seem to wrap my head around that. Mainly because once there I won't need a rental car once there and paying for a rental car to sit around for a few days seems like a waste.

Also looking forward on meeting some VAFers.

It's only 1:10 minutes drive. We stay just east in Sun Parrie. The drive is easy. Also cost of lodging is a lot less.

William Bennet
CW4 USA Ret.
RV7 finishing

Do you know where you will be staying at OSH? Even when camping on the grounds a car comes in handy for supply runs and dinners out.

just put out a sign that says OSH and you should be on your way shortly.

IMG_1478.jpg

Do you know where you will be staying at OSH? Even when camping on the grounds a car comes in handy for supply runs and dinners out.
If you have an available car I can guarantee you that you'll immediately make a bunch of RV friend among those who have flown in to camp and who are desperate either to get a good meal outside the Oshkosh gates or to do a run to Walmart or the local supermarket to fill up their food and beer coolers! :D

My plan was to stay at Camp Scholler Aug 1,2,3,4. Sounds like having a car is the way to go. I suppose that eating off field is probably cheaper.

One of these days I can say that I'll be flying in...