flickroll

Well Known Member
I made the Pilgramage to Glo Custom with my RV-8 yesterday. 964 nm direct KCHO (Charlottesville, VA) to 52F, with a fuel stop at M01 in Memphis which was right smack dab in line with my route of flight to 52F. Burned 52 gallons for the trip, and was really lucky with the headwind which was generally less than 10 kts at my cruising altitude of 8,500. True air speeds averaged around 175 kts at 8 - 8.5 gph. The RV-8 is one fast and efficient machine!

Brought my oxygen bottle with me...I'll pick it up in January and hope I find a CAVU day with a strong tailwind at altitude for the trip home :D

This airplane first flew in 2003, so it's high time for a paint job...

This thread is worthless without pics! Lets see your planned paint scheme so we can make fun of it!! (Kidding)

I'm right in the middle of picking a paint job for the -12. It's tough! I am graphically challenged. :(

I have a slot sometime in March for N8RV to let Grady do his magic. With the weather soon to be turning tundra-esque up here, it's just not practical to take it down there any earlier. I truly HATE anyone seeing Smokey in his undies -- Scotchbrited patches here and there, composite scabs all over ... so ugly only a builder could love him! :D

So, March can't come soon enough for me. Be sure to post pix when you get your baby back.