not that I was able to find, I use iweb and it works alright, I'm not a huge fan of a blog but I guess it gets the job done. A Link is in my Signature.
-david

I wrote some software

I wrote some simple software that automates maintaining my site:

http://www.jasonbeaver.com/rv7

Basically, I just take pictures as I work, then plug in my camera at the end of the night. The software automatically downloads the photos, scales them to three sizes (thumbnails, medium size, and full size), then uploads the photos to my hosting company and automatically creates a new entry for my blog. All I have to do is type a short description of each picture and hit post. If the pictures span several days, a separate entry is created for each day, making it easy to update the site only when it is convenient for you.

This software requires a Movable Type installation, though it could be customized for other blogging software.

If you would like a copy, please let me know.

I use iWeb for the build process (site not active yet). I like it, simple and gets the work done. Stream lines the mac software (iPhoto, iMovie, etc...) into it, like it should. I also use Rapid Weaver for my wifes business which give more customization options.

Over the past 5 years, and after a hand full of sites I like the simple programs. I went from iWeb->Rapid Weaver->Adobe->Rapid Weaver->iWeb.

KISS, and spend more time on the project.

iWeb

I used iWeb to blog about my previous all-consuming project (our kitchen remodel):

http://web.me.com/jasonbeaver/Site/Kitchen_Remodel/Kitchen_Remodel.html

One caution I have about it is that it gets really slow with a large number of entries. If you plan on adding entries each time you work, that will become a factor. Also, it's not possible to really automate the process much, so you'll spend more time maintaining the blog than you would other methods. An extra 10-15 minutes updating the blog each day really adds up when you're talking about many hundreds of work days over the course of the project.

I didn't think Mac users were up to doing anything as complicated as building an airplane ... just kidding! My wife loves her Mac, and I don't really have any issues with them. You know, they will run Windows either as a separate bootable OS or as a shell within OSX. And then you can run Kitlog Pro. Just a thought.

BTW, just to take the sting out of that first line above, it's amazing how Macs will run Windows software but Windoze will never run Mac software.

As Patrick said

I use VMware Fusion to run a Windows session on my Macbook Pro and use Kitlog Pro. In the beginning it worked fine for me except for one thing. For whatever reason when I downloaded my pictures from my iPhone to iPhoto and then transfered them over to Kitlog they transfered upside down. I seemed whatever I did they always were wrong side up. I won the battle when I transfered the pictures to a thumb drive first then from the thumb drive to Kitlog Pro. Other than that, it has worked well for me. I used Expercraft before but find Kitlog to be easier and more intuitive.

I use Parallels on the Mac to run Kitlog Pro

I haven't been able to find a good Builders Log for the Mac. But I have been able to use Kitlog Pro on the Mac by using the PC Emulating capability of the Mac via Parallels Desktop. It is not the most desirable solution for logging my progress but I have seen a slight improvement in performance with the recent Parallels update. A Gateway laptop that I had bought for the running of the Kitlog Pro ow seems slower then the Mac running Kitlog.

I use Virtual Box (www.virtualbox.org) as a free alternative to Parallels and VMWare Fusion. I haven't tried Kitlog under it, but it might be worth a shot.'I don't have a lot of functions that I need to run under Windows, but so far virtual box seems to work as long as the graphics aren't too demanding (graphics would also affect of the other virtual machines).

Kitlog on Macs

I have run Kitlog on an iMac running Windows XP under Bootcamp for more than a year without any problems- works perfectly (actually, so does all of my Garmin software that will not work on a Mac). Downside with bootcamp is you have to restart the computer to switch between Windows and Mac OS.

I also just installed it tonight on a Macbook Pro running Windows 7 under Parallels. It seems to work fine this way as well, although I do get an error message every time it opens (which I have just ignored). I am thinking this might be a Windows 7 issue, as Matronics does not yet list Kitlog as being Windows 7 compatible. Anyone else running Kitlog on Windows 7 (either on a Mac or PC)?

Last edited:
Kitlog does work with Windows 7

I got the message from Matt that Windows 7 is compatible with Kitlog and that it "works very well". As for your error message, if it is from Kitlog, I would suggest that you reload Kitlog as a repair. I have done this in the past with good results.

I use Dreamweaver CS3 for my site. If you want to make the ultimate site you might consider Photoshop, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver all used in tandem. The last program you want to use is iWeb in my opinion. Its deceptively easy to use when your site is small, then it becomes increasingly inefficient to the point of almost crashing your computer as the site gets larger. If you want to know why iWeb sites are so slow to load, simply click View - Source on your browser menu bar. The code is like 80 times longer than it should be.
Good Luck,
Rob

I use iWeb as well. Not ideal, but I don't really like any of the logging systems I've found. The FAA is gonna hate me when I apply for my Oplims.

PM

I wrote some simple software that automates maintaining my site:

http://www.jasonbeaver.com/rv7

Basically, I just take pictures as I work, then plug in my camera at the end of the night. The software automatically downloads the photos, scales them to three sizes (thumbnails, medium size, and full size), then uploads the photos to my hosting company and automatically creates a new entry for my blog. All I have to do is type a short description of each picture and hit post. If the pictures span several days, a separate entry is created for each day, making it easy to update the site only when it is convenient for you.

This software requires a Movable Type installation, though it could be customized for other blogging software.

If you would like a copy, please let me know.

Jason....PM sent... Thanks