chaskuss

Well Known Member
I just did a search for this tech document, but could not find it online. I've found several versions of the AD which is derived from it. However, the pertinent engine serial numbers are not included in the AD. Does anyone have a PDF copy of SB501B they would share? You can find my email address by clicking on my user name, above.
Charlie

If memory serves me.........

I don't have the info right here in front of me, but I seem to remember that SB501B applies to all O-320s with more than 150 hp.

I don't have the info right here in front of me, but I seem to remember that SB501B applies to all O-320s with more than 150 hp.

Hi Mel,
It applies to the 320 and many more models. It's about a bad batch of wrist pins.
Charlie

Sorry, I was thinking it was the crankshaft inner bore SB.

Now that I think about, I believe that was SB505.

Last edited:
Thanks to all

Some detail here - including the manufacturing dates of the bad parts...

http://www.freeebooksbay.com/view_e...OIEZFREVSQUwgQVZJQVRJT04gQURNSU5JU1RSQVRJT04=

Gil,
Thanks for the link. It relates to the AD which was formulated from SB501B. However, the AD expanded on the original SB, but leaves out the third page of SB501B, which contained the serial numbers of various engines produced or re-manufactured at that time, which contained the defective parts.
Thanks to both Walt and Mitch Garner, who both sent me a copy of SB501B.

Charlie