Have not seen the "mothership" make any new announcement about Lycoming price increase. The last price increase was one year ago in March 2022 so an announcement of a Lycoming price increase could be coming. Typically in the past there has been notice up upcoming engine price increases.

Can't confirm or not but I literally just checked the price of the Vanilla O-360-A1A and it is $40,000 with two slick mags! Soooo yea, I will be going the overhauled route.

No more price increase notices?

I ordered a Thunderbolt IO-390-EXP119 with no ignition or fuel system (no other changes from default) for $54,200 in July 2022. The same configuration now goes for $57,250. Notice or not, prices have definitely gone up - at least for Thunderbolt engines :(

Have not seen the "mothership" make any new announcement about Lycoming price increase. The last price increase was one year ago in March 2022 so an announcement of a Lycoming price increase could be coming. Typically in the past there has been notice up upcoming engine price increases.

I distinctly remember Vans were not going to be able to telegraph future price increases again….

Mine was $38030 io360 M1b. That’s now $45350. So yep the prices have gone again. The 14% they rose took it to $43000 odd….from when I bought mine….and now more expensive again…and mine is still to be delivered sometime around the end of this year. Glad I pushed the button when I did

Last edited:
Holy cow. I just looked and the price of my engine has gone up 52% in the last 2 years. I wish I had bought 10 of them.

Someone posted this on Facebook yesterday.
To my eye the IO390 price has not changed in a few months (as of right now anyway) Not that it isn’t high enough already…

Wow, only the rich can afford to build a homebuilt now. Ooops, they don't build, they assign the build to someone else. This makes me love my old RV-4 even more:)