rjcthree

Well Known Member
I'm stumped:

Lycoming PC-122 (320-H2AD illust. parts list) would have me believe that the long alternator link is LW-13351. The parts supercession list does not list that PN, which says it's NOT been superceded, the assumption is that it's a good number.

NONE of the suppliers have that number on record as a good number for any part of any kind.

Searching by description leads me to a part that's similar in description that does exist: LW-15351. It's an alternator link too. But I can't find a picture to compare. . .

Searching on the Cessna 172 websites didn't help (at least the 20 minutes I invested).

My Lycoming documentation/subscription was current through 4Q2008, so I don't feel like I should be far our of date.

Anybody have any hints?

Rick 90432

Superceded numbers

I've got three Lyc O-360 parts manuals: a couple old ones and one I just purchased up-to-date. It appears that part numbers superceding is a continuous process because half the time I can't find a part number of an item being advertised! It would be nice if Lycoming would have a web page of superseded part numbers! :confused:

solved my own issue

As I suspected, it was a typo in Lycoming documentation. It's been a typo for 30 years. Book says lw-13351, it should say lw-15351. Special thanks to airsuppliers.com in helping me get to the bottom of this (and getting Lyc tech services to answer the phone!).

If you've never used them, airsuppliers.com is a great place for genuine Lycoming parts, they have a great relationship with Cessna , which allows them to sell at less than Lycoming minimum order qty. I bought everything except my cylinders from them, and have been pleased throughout. They seem to sell essentially at what we call 'jobber' price in the auto world, roughly 30% below list.

Rick 90432