Brian Vickers

Well Known Member
I am about to embark on the assembly of a "box of parts" lycoming O-320-D1A. The engine had very few hours when it was dismantled and preserved by the original owner (he passed away). I have been reviewing and studying the most up to date copies of the Lycoming Overhaul Manual and Parts Catalog PC-203-2. I am not having trouble understanding the process of assembly and checking tollerances, etc. The list of active AD's, Bulletins and Letters on Lycoming publication SSP-206 is huge, and the actual documents it refers to are not on-line. I want to comply with all AD's, etc. I see that Lycoming sells a CD set that supposedly has the documents but the cost is over $400. Is there a less expensive way to sort out all of the various AD's, etc? The Lycoming website only has the list, not the actual bulletins and letters. What have other ametuer overhaulers done? Thanks very much for reviewing this post. Sincerely,
Brian Vickers - RV-4 finish kit, still driving a 1959 C-172, and enjoying it

I paid $100 for the hard copy of the Service Bulletins, Instructions, and Letters that includes one year of updates. The updates now cost me $35 every year. I use the hard copy index to find the individual pages. If I need an e-copy, I scan them into a PDF document. The latest version of Acrobat 7.0 Pro has a great OCR with it when you scan at 300 dpi.

Thanks Gary,
I will call Lycoming tomorrow and order the hard copy. $35 per year for the updates is reasonable. Thanks again.