RV7A Flyer

Well Known Member
Patron
Can someone look at their Lycoming IO-360 Operator's Manual, Section 5, diagram 5-1, and tell me if I'm blind or reading this wrong, or is something wrong with the diagram? If the firing order is 1-3-2-4, it looks to me like the right-hand magneto wiring lines have 2 and 4 swapped in the drawing...

Or am I reading this wrong, or missing something fundamental here?????

TIA

I had a terrible time with my then new IO-360 M1B (Van's special) until I called Lycoming. The tech guy said look on the spark plug connectors. They are engraved with the proper cylinder number.

-John

Can someone look at their Lycoming IO-360 Operator's Manual, Section 5, diagram 5-1, and tell me if I'm blind or reading this wrong, or is something wrong with the diagram? If the firing order is 1-3-2-4, it looks to me like the right-hand magneto wiring lines have 2 and 4 swapped in the drawing...

Or am I reading this wrong, or missing something fundamental here?????

TIA

Oh, yeah, I saw that when I first wired up the engine (and IIRC, the numbers are on the back of the mag case). I was just trying to get straight in my mind the plug rotation order and convince myself it was doing what I thought it was doing... swap top to bottom and positive to negative. :) So I went to the book, and now I've convinced myself the *drawing* is incorrect. LOL!