ten4teg

Well Known Member
Can anybody tell me if the Lycoming IO-540-T4B5 will work in the RV-10? I believe it came out of the Rockwell Commander. It is Similar to ?D4B5 but has D6LN-3000 impulse coupling dual Magneto and horizontal rear inlet fuel
injector. Thanks, Tom

T540

Van requires a straight valve 540, I couln't find the "T" version in my info, but if it has a horizontal FI, it may not be possible to use in the RV10 due to the nose gear/motormount. Straight valve 540s are fitted, based on application, with either vertical or horizontal FI. If the engine is available at a fair price, the sumps are intenchangeable. A,B, C, D,E, F,G series are your best bets, with vertical carb/FI. Bendix or Slick OK and interchangeable. Any of those can be had with horizontal FI, though not very common.
tacchi88
RV10
O540B2B5 now IO 540B4B5

T540

The dual magneto may be a problem in clearing the upper portion of the motor mount, In addition that they are high maintenence, and no after market igniton will fit Lycomings with dual mags (two in one). If you;re planning on using of the available electronic ignitions, they will not fit such an engine. The entire accessory gear train is not interchangeable.
T88