david.perl

Well Known Member
Ive been offered the above engine with around 1000 hours on it along with Hartzel 3 blade CS prop of an Arrow. I understand the sump will need changing for a forward facing one but are there other significant differences that prevent it being used for a 7A?

Many thanks

David

Same engine I have in my 6a

Same engine in my 6A. Yah you'll have to change the sump. You also may want to move your battery to the back for W&B. Thats what I ended up doing and worked perfect on the 6A. The 7A may not need that.

Chris.

Cic sump

Check the front of the sump , may have a casting to mount servo in the front with minor machining .I have some photos of a C1A sump that I moved the servo from rear to front . There are also some photos if you search VAF .
Tom

Check the front of the sump , may have a casting to mount servo in the front with minor machining .I have some photos of a C1A sump that I moved the servo from rear to front .
Tom

Mine had this casting but the issue was the 7A engine mount. If you have tail wheel engine mount this sump might work. But not with the tricycle gear engine mount. (I put a 7A engine mount on my 6A)