RV fan

Pretty good day,

I will need my first post here in the Forum for following question. Is it a "great action" a Lycoming IO 320 D1A (new-unused-zertifitziert- building year 2010) to upgrade to a Constand speed Engine, respectively?
What Hardware changes need to be made there?

Thank you in advance

Greetings from Austria (Sorry for the bad English-It's not the main Language here in Austria;))

Manfred

think it is already,..have any of the paperwork on the engine??

Only question would be did someone change it to fixed pitch application in the past? (that is what I did with my D1A, by piercing one plug in the crankshaft and replacing the front plug, then capping oil lines)

Take a look and see if you have the oil line for the prop installed. Also go look at Vans or Lycoming web site.

Change is swap out of a couple plugs in crankshaft,.. make sure you get them reseated properly and firmly,.. and "piping" required to operate C/S prop. Not hard... but a bit of experience oversight would not be a bad thing to have) Paperwork/directions on how to do this work is out and available

Lycoming SI 1435 but shows too different oil lines

SI 1435 is available from the Lycoming website, however it shows two different line for routing to the crankshaft. (rear mounted governor). I can only think it is a clearance issue with the engine mount. I will be installing the mount on my engine (O-360 B2C 168 hp) next week and trying to figure out which one to use.

Please check to make sure you have a hollow crank. If its solid, the conversion can not be made.

Paul
N277PM
Lafayette IN, USA
FWF Kit Stage, and ready to do another canopy, (busted)

I thought that the O-320-D1A was set up for a constant speed prop. At least that's what Van's catalog says about the ones they ship.

But this discussion is helpful - I've got the D2A, which is apparently set up for a fixed-pitch prop and I'd prefer a constant speed one.

Dave

D1A

Dave,

Yes this was my issue also. In some description i have read that the D1A is also usable for CS Props, without bigger Hardware Changes (but there is not delivered with the Govener- thats clear...)

I will check again whit Lyc direct or an Engine Builder.

Thanks Dave (and the other Gentelmans) for this first Help

Nice Day