Sheldon

Well Known Member
Ordered from ACS p/n 69603 Lyc intake hose's... Oh oh..they are shorter than the orginals on my 0-360...!! Orginal ones were 2 3/8" long.. the 69603's are just...1 3/4"... The longer ones covered both swages on the sumps tubes with the hose clamp inbetween them... These shorter ones won't allow the hose to cover both swages without being too short for the intake tube's connection... So I adjusted the hose to 'just at' the inter swage with the clamp behind the outer swage... Seems to work ok... Anyone with info..???
Thanks, Sheldon

Whoa There Boy

Sheldon,

Sounds to me like you have the wrong ones for your application. I don't think I would trust that they would not slip off since they don't go over the beads in the tubes. Maybe Malon will chime in with the correct part number for your engine.

Perhaps your tubes...

Ordered from ACS p/n 69603 Lyc intake hose's... Oh oh..they are shorter than the orginals on my 0-360...!! Orginal ones were 2 3/8" long.. the 69603's are just...1 3/4"... The longer ones covered both swages on the sumps tubes with the hose clamp inbetween them... These shorter ones won't allow the hose to cover both swages without being too short for the intake tube's connection... So I adjusted the hose to 'just at' the inter swage with the clamp behind the outer swage... Seems to work ok... Anyone with info..???
Thanks, Sheldon

...are not correct...:)

You do not say which O-360 you have, but the 69603 number is correct for all of the -A models, and they are 1.75 inches long.

Are you sure your original assemble was correct?

What model are we talking about?

My engine is an 0-360-C2E...Built up from certified parts... I emailed my engine builder and he said the Lycoming parts book call for the hoses p/n 69603 @ 1 3/4" long... And that's all I could find at any supplier..... His reply to me:

"Sheldon
Lycoming used to make them longer?
Somebody sorted out what appeared to be 1 3/4?
Search me?
I do not remmember longer hoses.
Parts Books say 1 3/4."

I went ahead and put them on.. Making sure the clamps did their job... Runs fine... As I see it, there is no way they can slip.. The distance between the inlet tube and the connecting tube on the sump is only about 1/8" gap...
Anyway, anyone with their cowl off might measure them and post here how long they are... One of those history misterys...:confused:
Sheldon

I've never seen a double swaged intake tube in my life! That sounds like an aftermarket mod to me.

The double swagged tube is only on the tube(s) from the sump...there are none on the intake tubes to the head... The hose (1 3/4" long) fit over the outer swage and the clamp is behind (inboard)... The hose just bumps up to the inboard swage.. Maybe someone in the past over swagged these sump tubes... ??
Sheldon

My parts book...

My engine is an 0-360-C2E...Built up from certified parts... I emailed my engine builder and he said the Lycoming parts book call for the hoses p/n 69603 @ 1 3/4" long... And that's all I could find at any supplier..... His reply to me:

"Sheldon
Lycoming used to make them longer?
Somebody sorted out what appeared to be 1 3/4?
Search me?
I do not remmember longer hoses.
Parts Books say 1 3/4."

I went ahead and put them on.. Making sure the clamps did their job... Runs fine... As I see it, there is no way they can slip.. The distance between the inlet tube and the connecting tube on the sump is only about 1/8" gap...
Anyway, anyone with their cowl off might measure them and post here how long they are... One of those history misterys...:confused:
Sheldon

...says the 69603 number is correct at 1.75 inches long for your model.

However, I have seen certified rebuilders create their own parts by cutting from a stock of the appropriate Mil-Spec hose....:)

THE INTAKE TUBES FROM A320 LYC. ARE A HALF IN. SHORTER THAN A 360
LYC. BECAUSE OF THE DIFF.OF THE STROKE.I THINK YOU HAVE THE WRONG INTAKE TUBES &SOMEONE HAS HAS SUBSTITUDED LONGER RUBBER COUPLINGS TO MAKE UP DIFFERENCE.

Well if the gap is only 1/8 inch from the tubes from the sump..how can that be that they are shorter? There isn't a 1/2 inch gap...! I think the inlet tubes from the cylinders are the correct ones...

If you only have 1/8" gap between tubes then 1 3/4" hose is plenty to cover it.. Sounds like you have nothing to worry about..

Didn't think so... Just was wondering why the difference... Made sure when I put it together, the hose covered & clamps did their job... Went flying today.. I thought the engine ran smoother.. but could be just my imagination... Thanks for all who responded.... Sheldon

...says the 69603 number is correct at 1.75 inches long for your model.

However, I have seen certified rebuilders create their own parts by cutting from a stock of the appropriate Mil-Spec hose....:)

Gil - do you know the appropriate Mil Spec number? I am chasing an intake leak and have narrowed it down to the #1 intake. I would like to replace my hose (again) with a longer one....

Ralph