flybye

Well Known Member
I'm in the market for a 0-320 engine and wondered whether Lycoming has historically offered promotional pricing at Sun-n-Fun. The state of the economy would suggest that they should take some action to stimulate sales, though the loss of Superior may be all that was needed to maintain volume.

Lycoming engine descriptors

Vans "Sun -n- Fun" engine special lists a Lycoming Y0-320-D1A. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the "Y" prefix refers to? Van's engine catalog only lists X0 engines.

Vans "Sun -n- Fun" engine special lists a Lycoming Y0-320-D1A. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the "Y" prefix refers to? Van's engine catalog only lists X0 engines.

I believe Lycoming Experimental = X Y... could be a typo...

Last edited:
Apparently long-term storage is also standard, so the free shipping is the only difference with this deal ($120-200 value, depending on the engine).

The real savings is that Lycoming prices are apparently going UP after this deal ends...

The discount is for a "bundled" purchase

The $1,000 discount is available only when the engine is bundled with a prop. It looks like the same deal that was introduced last year and was available all year long.

I've noted the same about the prices in the print and site. Does anyone recall or have a capture of the engine prices before? It might be that also site prices has adjusted to same as in Ad.

This engine + propeller combo has been there for a while so that is definitely nothing new.

Engine pricing

Apparently long-term storage is also standard, so the free shipping is the only difference with this deal ($120-200 value, depending on the engine).

The real savings is that Lycoming prices are apparently going UP after this deal ends...

I confirmed these two observations with a call to Van's today. The part that got my attention was the impending price increase.:eek:

LYCOMING prices

Comparing last years VANS LYCOMING SPECIALS from sun n fun.

THIS YEARS BUNDLED PRICES :mad:
yo320 up $500 this year bundled
yio320 up $1000 bundled
yo360 DOWN $250this year
yio360 up $500 bundled
yio360 200hp UP $3500 this year
yio 540 up $500 this year

Lycoming price increase?

I called Lycoming and they didn't know of any of their certified engines going up this year. They told me that Van's gets a different engine than is on their price list and hence I needed to discuss with Van's. Based on the latest link from Van's it is confirmed http://www.vansaircraft.com/images/open/Sun_N_Fun_Special.pdf.
Pascal

Last edited: