eric_marsh

Well Known Member
Anyone have a O-320 and/or 0-360 apart on the bench? I'd like to get some measurements and I've been unable to find anything online.

Thanks for the response. I'd like the valve sizes and connecting rod center to center length. The camshaft opening and closing points at .050 and lift would be nice but that's probably too much to ask for.

Engine specs.

Hi Eric,
Here you go,

Displacement: Bore /stroke/ rod length/ valve size Intake/ exhaust
540: 5.125?/ 4.375?/ 6.4985? or 6.7485?/ 2.125?/ 1.750?
360: 5.125?/ 4.375?/ 6.4985? or 6.7485?/ 2.125?/ 1.750?
320: 5.125?/ 3.875?/ 6.4985? or 6.7485?/ 2.125?/ 1.750?

On a IO-540-C4B5 same cam specs. @ .050? lift as the AE2A.

Cam specs on my TIO-540-AE2A,
Intake: taken from intake valve retainer:
.005? open 3-BTDC / close 57-ABDC
.050? open 8-ATDC / close 43-ABDC
Total lift .440
Intake: taken from end of push rod :
.005? open 13-BTDC / close 85-ABDC
.050? open 5-ATDC / close 46-ABDC
Total lift .440

Exhaust: taken from intake valve retainer:
.005? open 45-BBDC / close 5-ATDC
.050? open 35-BBDC / close 6-BTDC
Total lift .352
Exhaust: taken from end of push rod :
.005? open 74-BBDC / close 60-ATDC
.050? open 42-BBDC / close 3-ATDC
Total lift .352

New news: Starting to build our aircraft engine dyno facility for break-in and performance mods.

Thomas Shpakow
www.g3ignition.com

Thomas,

Thanks for the specs. I still need connecting rod lengths, if anyone has them.

I think the guys at TPR (oops - sorry Colorado Air Parts) forgot about me, but then again to be fair I've been up to my ears at trying to make a living and have neglected working on this project. I'll bug them again on Monday about parts.

Eric

Last edited:
rod length centers

Thomas,

Thanks for the specs. I still need connecting rod lengths, if anyone has them.

I think the guys at TPR forgot about me, but then again to be fair I've been up to my ears at trying to make a living and have neglected working on this project. I'll bug them again on Monday about parts.

Eric
Eric, above are rod length centers / 6.4985? or 6.7485?/ either or depending on the engine letter code. Pulled them from the Lycoming OH manual
Thomas

I have a O - 320 Parts manual as PDF

I havent posted them online yet - probably g docs would be the go.

I have the 0 - 290 Ops Manual which I set up as a html site. The Ops are very relevent to the larger motors.

Have had hassles in the past but will try again.

The main prob is that you cant use ftp on google docs and have to browse every file - fine for the parts manual but unwieldy for the HTML page.

Link to Lycoming O - 320 Parts Manuals

Hope this helps !!

I need to identify a free and reliable web drive to post the other information - not tonight though .

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:
I haven't posted them online yet - probably g docs would be the go.

I have the 0 - 290 Ops Manual which I set up as a html site. The Ops are very relevant to the larger motors.

Have had hassles in the past but will try again.

The main prob is that you cant use ftp on Google docs and have to browse every file - fine for the parts manual but unwieldy for the HTML page.

Link to Lycoming O - 320 Parts Manuals

Hope this helps !!

I need to identify a free and reliable web drive to post the other information - not tonight though .

Any suggestions ?

FYI,
Mark's PC-203-1 parts catalog pertains ONLY to O-320 A & E series wide deck engines. I tried to check out the O-290 file, but there wasn't anything there. Am I missing something?
Charlie Kuss

I finally got some valves, and intake tube and so forth. I did some flow tests and found that one head and cylinder flows almost 30 cfm more than another one. The more or less look similar. How can I identify what engine a head is off of?