Bill Phillips

Well Known Member
Last week I asked if anyone else on the thread had purchased a Lycoming from Vans and received notice of an extra 5-6 week extension for delivery. Several folks indicated they were in the same boat. Friday I received a call from a nice young fellow from Lycoming who had read the post and wanted to reasure me that Lycoming was not going to collapse, that even with Crane gone they had plenty of good cams and that I should not be concerned. He was very reasuring. He even went on to say that Lycoming sold more engines this year at Sun n Fun then they did last year at Sun N Fun and Oshkosh combined. This suprised me so I asked him that since Lycoming had such a windfall were they going to rebate 10 % back to their loyal customers ? All I received in return was a werid laugh which I expected. I'm totally cool with Capitalism and the more bigger profit a man/company can make selling goods & services more power to them. The nice Lycoming man did indicate that they maintained a cancel list and as buyers fail to pay/pickup engines they slide to the next guy on the A list. So the more of you guys that reject your 0-360 180hp engines the better for me. I'll not receive it any quicker, but now I feel much better about waiting. Best regards, Bill of Georgia