db8

Well Known Member
I need to put fittings on my Lycoming IO-360 parallel valve accessory case (hasn't been done yet). I would like to have all steel fittings just for safety reasons. I don't have a manual (am going to get one), but have looked on Google and here to try to find out what sizes of what I need and have had no luck. Looks like there are about six or so of various sizes. The gentleman who assembled it is no longer in the business. I am hoping someone already has this info and might be willing to share it? I know some are optional as far as 45/90 degrees or straight, but I would assume most of them are rather standard on an IO-360 parallel valve for a RV-8. If anybody has any ideas where they could direct me, that would work too. Thanks. Dave

Fittings

For the most part, the orifices in the engine or accessory case are 1/8th or ¼ NPT (National Pipe Thread). The other end of the fitting is usually a std aviation flare (37degrees) and dependent on the tubing size in 1/16ths. The straight fitting is an AN816-( ), 45 degree is an AN823-( ), 90 degree is an AN822-( ).
The Aircraft Spruce Catalog has an excellent description page and is free.
(Oh, they come in both aluminum or steel)

Good luck with your RV-8. I loved mine………