Camillo

Well Known Member
Hi. I started engine installation. Engine is a new O-320 D1A, bought last year from Van's.

Prior installing engine on engine mount, I'm attaching everything I can. So, I'm installing aluminium fitting for MAP sensing. Van's says attaching it to the port on cylinder 3 (the one on the rear right, looking from aft to front of the engine). That way the travel to fitting passign through firewall, located just below brake reservoir, will be minimal (and the hose will be enough lenght).

Problem is that on Lycoming manual which came with engine the MAP pressure port is located exactly on the other side (on the left).

Actually, both cylinders have ports. For now, I connected the fitting to cylinder 3, as per Van's indication. But, I am wondering if this is correct of if I will encounter some trouble.

Thanks.

Camillo,
Actually, every cylinder has one of these ports on it. It does not matter which cylinder you take your MAP reading from. You will not hurt anything by following Vans advice.
Charlie Kuss

Thanks

Thank-you, Charlie. I suspected this, but whever I have to put hands on engine, I'm scared... (see also following questions on general discussion forum)