RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
OK Newby Lyco Question Again...

I am new to Lycos, and my XP has treated my well the past 18 months 200 hours. Went down to the sea for some flying over Xmas. Did a lot of flying low level along the coast, into some rain too. It stood outside for the holiday. (Typically my RV is stored 300 miles from the see hot and dry)

My Suprise when I got back home and did a Oil change...Some corrosion on those front black cylinder heads. (That quickly in 3 weeks :confused:) There is some white stuff on the silver cooling fins too...

You guys that operate your Lyco's close to the sea IS THIS NORMAL?? What do you use to clean your engine and even help against this, 'cause I guess in the long run this is no good! :eek:

Thanks in advance
Rudi

engine_corrosion.jpg

It?s normal and I would say is not of any concern, buy the way the rust is on the steel cylinder fins and the silver fins are the cylinder head, the white stuff is corrosion on the aluminum head fins.

Corrosion X

...is an incredibly good product. I had a jet boat with a 455 cu. in engine and an aluminum intake manifold. After returning from a trip to Savannah (by the sea) the intake oxidized like crazy. Within two days after a heavy dousing with Corrosion X, it looked brand new.

Best,

Lyco at 14 months and 550 hours

I was changing oil recently and inspected the engine in detail. Noticed spots of corrosion on cylinder fins #2

corrosion.jpg