Thanks, Dan. I have that one from another source. It shows a different rocker arm number than I have on my engine. The engine on my RV-8 seems to be a mishmash of stuff. I've replaced the cylinders and want to make sure these rocker arms are correct.

It should be pretty close to the....

Does anyone have a pdf version of the parts manual for a Lyc IO-360 M1B? A link to a web site would be fine too. www.Bomar.biz does not have it listed.

Thanks.

...IO-360-M1A one referenced above.

The FAA TCDS lists this as the only difference.

IO-360-M1A Similar to IO-360-B1E except front inlet fuel injector, prop governor on front of crankcase and retard magneto
IO-360-M1B Similar to IO-360-M1A except has a rear mounted propeller governor and impulse magneto.

ugly long FAA link here

Sounds like the cylinders should be the same when it was shipped from the factory... but who knows after that...:rolleyes:

az_zilla - if this were a factory engine I'd be a lot better off. The original builder of the plane put a certified crankcase and crank with old worn out cylinders and accesories with a 200 HP sump and modified intake pipes etc. etc. It's a bit of a cobled up mess. When I pulled the old cylinders off I took the conn rods in to have them checked and found out they had been illegally modified. Two rockers were worn out and I got replacements but I want to make sure they're the right ones.

The M1A parts book shows the rocker p/n should be 17F19357 which is different than what I found on the plane. The document you linked to above was good help though. As you say the M1A and M1B look like they are the same as far as cylinders etc. go.

I got the cylinders from ECi - I think I'll call them.

Last edited:
Thank you ECi

I talked to JB are ECi and he had a cross reference to the part numbers. All is well, and I can go back to sleep now!