NYTOM

Well Known Member
Installing my flap controls and rudder pedals got me wondering if anyone has added any type of lubrication to the white nylon bearing blocks. :confused: The nylon itself seems inherently slippery but thought if maybe adding a groove inside to hold a little white grease might help in the long run. ;) I'd hate to have to remove those rudder pedals after the interior is complete.:eek: Any of you high time RV owners have trouble with wear on those blocks?

No wear that I've noticed in 335 hours. They will loosen up a bit with use, so lubrication is not necessary.

greg

I don't think wear is an issue but the blocks added more resistive force then I liked. I sanded the holes just a bit larger to reduce the drag.

You also need to coat the un-powder coated sections of the tube with a rust inhibitor (I use LPS-3). I wish I had done this early on while I was building because I have rust staining on the blocks that occurred during construction.

Another reason to love this site

You also need to coat the un-powder coated sections of the tube with a rust inhibitor (I use LPS-3). I wish I had done this early on while I was building because I have rust staining on the blocks that occurred during construction.

Very good idea Rick. I have been coating all my carbon steel components with LPS-3 already but never thought of using it on these. Thanks :)