eddier

We planning on stopping @ LBB on the way to OSH this year. Anybody have a recommendation on the best place to tie up at on the field?

Thanks

eddie

I'm also open to recommendations on the best place for some Texas BBQ in Lubbock :)

Stopping At Lubbock

The one and only FBO is Lubbock Aero located at the approach end of Runway 8.

Are you planning on staying overnight? If so give me a call 806-535-1019 and we will see what we can work out for you on a place to stay and transportation.

Thanks

Isn't there a Chaparral Jet Center on the east side?

Sister lives out Lorenzo way and am staying with her but thanks for the offer.

eddie

Eddie,
What about Town and Country (F82). It is about 5 miles south of LBB. When I went to visit my mom and dad in Lubbock I landed there. The gas was way cheaper and they have hangar space if you don't want to leave your bird outside.

Town and Country

I am glad that worked out.

Agree completely. We stopped at Town and Country a couple of years ago. The FBO was family run and the service was great. After gassing up the plane I went inside to find out that the folks had cooked us up a couple of hamburgers. We were given a soda of our choosing, a bag of chips each and a burger all free of charge. There were several college aged ladies walking around the facility in short shorts and I think they were the adult children of the owners. Overall the experience earned our future business and a good word about their hospitality to other pilots.

F82

I always fly into F82, but be aware of the hours of operation. I think they may be closed on weekends, and after about 6:00 pm. Gas is much cheaper than LBB. My recollection is that there is no self-service gas.