cyrus

Well Known Member
I?m looking to retard the timing on my LSE but the led in my hall effect module is not working.

I?m thinking to rotate the module 5 degrees as stated for high compression engines to go from 25 btdc to 20 btdc but am unsure which direction to rotate it. Can anybody shed some light. I do have the LCD readout so I can verify my timing afterwards.

Thanks!!!!

I can't remember which way to rotate it, but it should be an easy matter of moving it a few degrees, then start and check your display. Adjust as necessary. In any case, I would definitely shoot it with a timing light.

I?m looking to retard the timing on my LSE but the led in my hall effect module is not working.

I?m thinking to rotate the module 5 degrees as stated for high compression engines to go from 25 btdc to 20 btdc but am unsure which direction to rotate it. Can anybody shed some light. I do have the LCD readout so I can verify my timing afterwards.

Thanks!!!!

The LCD readout is only as good as your ability to properly set timing. In other words, if you set your timing off 30 degrees, the LCD readout will stay the same as before.

You have three options:
- Bite the bullet and send the hall effect sensor to Klaus for repair. Have him replace the seals while he has it open. Verify setting with a timing light.
- Replace the defective LED yourself. The Hall effect board is very simple. Verify setting with a timing light.
- Just use a timing light to set your timing and live with the defective hall effect sensor.

Remember, timing is not set like a mag. If you want 25 degrees BTDC, set the timing with the crank at TDC. If you want 20 degrees BTDC, set the crank at 5 degrees ATDC. This is covered in the LightSpeed install manual.

Carl

Not familiar with LSE, but from the OP it seems the hall module can move. If thats the case, then moving it with the direction of rotation will retard timing. Moving it opposite rotation will advance.